We asked, you answered…
We realise oral sex (or even sex, for that matter) is such an intimate and subjective experience that it is hard to blanket every woman’s opinion under one general statement. So we decided to throw out a few questions into the ether and we were pleasantly surprised by the over 100 answers we received from Indian women. Here's what we learned from your responses!
1. For women, receiving oral sex is a bit of a hit and miss.
"I love it when a guy goes down on me as long as he knows what he's doing. When that's the case, I can get really intense orgasms from it."
2. The trick is to get your partner to relax and enjoy the experience.
“When it comes to receiving, if you see he's enjoying giving you pleasure you can relax and enjoy it much more.”
3. Contrary to popular opinion, many women do enjoy giving oral sex.
"I love giving oral sex as I am very into giving my partner pleasure.”
To summarise, here are a few Oral Sex Do's and Don’ts from the viewpoint of the women we interviewed:
1. DO familiarise yourself with female anatomy if you want to give great oral sex to a woman. “Guys need to study up! The clit is not a popsicle or a lollipop. It requires close attention, not slobber!” (- Mehek)
2. DON’T keep pushing a woman's head down when she is giving you oral sex. Real life sex is NOT like porn. “My worst experience was when my gag reflex kicked in and I puked strawberry milkshake all over my ex-boyfriend's crotch. He kept shoving my head...” ( - Priya). “My worst experience was when someone forcefully pushed my head and made me gag.” ( - Ela)
3. DO reciprocate oral sex. “Give head to get head.” ( - Priya)
4. DO make your partner feel relaxed and comfortable when you pleasure her. Give head like you mean it. “I feel more comfortable and enjoy receiving oral sex more when I feel that my partner is also enjoying it.” ( - Karishma)
5. DON’T feel entitled to a blowjob. Talk to your partner about what you like and what your sexual desires are, and don't push her to do anything she is not comfortable with. “I hate it when they just want to use you as a machine.” ( - Sonal)
6. DO get creative. Try different positions and use warming intimate oils, flavoured lubes or accessories like blindfolds or handcuffs to spice things up. "My best ever experience was when my boyfriend poured chocolate syrup all over me and licked it off". ( - Karishma). "My favourite position for oral sex is 69. It just adds extra excitement to it!" ( - Ela). Accessories like blindfolds or handcuffs can add an extra dash of excitement to oral play.