How to Take Care of Your Toys | Lovetreats
We understand, your toys are precious to you, and we want to make sure you have all the information to take the best care of yours. Also, if not cleaned or stored properly, toys can easily build up bacteria and, if shared, or used together, can even transmit STDs - not good! Luckily, they’re not that difficult to keep clean and safe. Lovetreats gives you a quick rundown on how to do so:
- Make sure you read the instruction manual well and use the toy as directed.
- For rechargeable toys, only use the charging cable provided.
- Do not use silicone lube with silicone toys! Only use water-based lube with sex toys.
- If you’re using a battery-operated or other electric toy, make sure you don’t actually submerge the mechanical bits, unless it’s explicitly mentioned in the instruction manual that you can do so.
Cleaning Your sex toys
- While there are special toy cleaners available on Lovetreats which will disinfect your toys, all sex toys can be efficiently and adequately cleaned with mild liquid soap and warm water.
- Make sure you clean your toy before and after each and every use.
Storage & Safety
- After you’re done with playtime, remove the batteries from all vibrators or vibrating rings. Not only does that make the batteries last longer, it makes for safer, easier cleaning.
- After you clean them, make sure they are fully dry and then store them in a case or box, used exclusively for that particular toy!
- Keep your toys in a cool (but not cold), dark place, so that they aren’t exposed to sunlight or excessive heat, which may cause melting, or discolouration. They should last for a long time.